Thursday, August 21, 2008

Howard calls out Ruiz

Timmy Howard on Carlos Ruiz following the U.S.'s 1-0 win over Guatemala in which Ruiz kicked Howard after the whistle:

"He caught me. He kicked me straight in the head. With Carlos, you expect that. You know what? He's dirty. I wish I could say otherwise. I've seen it [in MLS]. There is no place for it. It's reckless. It's there for everyone to see. I kind of expect it ... That's what he does. I think you would rather have him be a man out there and say, 'Look, I don't like you, I am going to kick you.' You can almost respect it in a funny way. He has this way about him. He kicks, he punches, he's an *&%$@#. And he wants to come and be your friend [when he tried to apologize]. There is no place for it."
(Courtesy of the Goffinator)

BTW, the Galaxy traded the douche in question to Toronto FC today to make room for the U.S.'s other cheap shot victim from last night, Eddie Lewis.

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template